Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Touchdown!

After a hiatus in Honolulu, according to FedEx's tracking system has told me that my kayak package has touched down in Sydney. Not sure how long it will take to clear Australian Customs and for the duty & GST (10% sales tax payable on imports over AUD$1000) to be processed, but I guess we'll wait and see.

I also managed to find a picture of me paddling the Hawkesbury Classic last year in Dad's Coho - I'd forgotten how beautiful the boat is!

The wait continues...

UPDATE: Got a call from a blocked number on my mobile this afternoon which turned out to be someone from FedEx, somewhere in the world (because of the delay on the line I'm pretty sure it wasn't Aust) asking for my credit card details to pay the customs duty. I took a leap of faith and assumed it wasn't someone trying to scam me and handed them over, and sure enough, the fedex tracker shows my kayak has cleared Australian Customs and has been released from International Shipment. I can only assume this means my package is in the domestic courier network and will arrive in the next day or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment