Friday, October 22, 2010

Replacement materials arrive

A nice surprise arrived yesterday, a package via courier with the replacement materials Pygmy sent me to make up for the stuff ruined by the leaking epoxy. Included were:
  1. New heavy fibreglass tape;
  2. Another sheet of fibreglass cloth (both this and the tape above has absorbed most of the spill);
  3. More syringes, vinyl gloves, stirring sticks and light fibreglass tape;
  4. Another copy of the Coho Manual and The Epoxy Book;
  5. A sheet of Mylar (clear vinyl plastic) which had been discarded by FedEx;
  6. Another 1 quart of resin (part A) and 0.5 quarts of hardener (part B) to replace that lost in transit. To say it was lost is perhaps an embellishment. I still had it, but unfortunately it was going to be a bit tricky to put back on the kayak where and when I needed it given it was nicely distributed throughout the box;
  7. An empty resin bottle so I could use the hand pump more easily. I have been using an apple juice bottle which is just doing the job, but this will make it easier when I'm using more resin in the latter stages on construction.


Again, massive thanks to the guys @ Pygmy for all their help, it only took an extra 5 days to get all this all from the States to Australia. Pretty impressive I reckon.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying the blog Gus. I very much want to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Russell, I'm looking forward being able to see the hull take shape! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am just starting out on my build - pinguino here in Chch. Same thing happened to me - leaking epoxy but the awesome folks at Pygmy have just sent a replacement package out - cannot wait to start!

    ReplyDelete