Thursday, October 14, 2010

Poxy-epoxy

So when at first look I thought that there was no damage done by the leaking epoxy, I was wrong. I didn't know how much had leaked until I opened it properly in the shed to check everything off the list of contents. The three gallons I was supposed to have now look to have been reduced to two and a half, with the remaining half gallon (approx 2 litres) distributed throughout the box holding the fibreglass cloth, wood flour and assorted tools. The cloth has absorbed most of it and is hence now unusable, but I sent an email to Pygmy telling them what happened and asking for some replacements to be sent. I guess we'll see how it goes, but would expect most is covered by shipping insurance... and resin (Ha!).

 These one-gallon resin bottles were full when they left Pygmy's office, now re-distributed throughout the box & bag they were in. It's a stickiness like honey, but one that can't be washed off in soap and water. Only acetone or white vinegar seems to get rid of it.


 Ruined fibreglass cloth tape plus a fair bit of resin. Note the smudging on the yellow squeegee's text.


The shipping box and bag they were in. You can see the yellow liquid in the bag that wasn't absorbed into the cloth.


On the bright side, as the wood strips were in another box, they weren't affected by the spill, and all pieces have been checked and accounted for. Here they are laid out and ready to be joined together. Unfortunately as all the fibreglass cloth was ruined I can't get started in joining them together until I get replacements which I imagine might take another week or two. Here they are below.

No comments:

Post a Comment