Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not so bad after all

I asked Jim @ Pygmy if there was any way to sand the stamps out that I had epoxied in the other night. Turns out that in another bout of not reading the instructions properly I had missed the bit that says to sand back the reverse of the panels you have now joined together and epoxy & fibreglass in a similar fashion (ie. the strip of epoxy and 'glass over the join will be on both sides). I've got to sand back to bare wood anyway, so it's just a matter of doing a bit extra and knocking off the stamp.

Got a few more panels done last night, but won't get any done tonight because of RFS Wednesday night training. Goddam it, my life keeps interfering with getting my project finished! I still reckon I'll be on track to finish the first lot of joins by the weekend to allow them to cure for a few days.

I anticipate that doing the reinforcing joins on the other sides of the panels won't be so fiddly and slow as the panels will already be joined and hence not to susceptible to being bumped.

2 comments:

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM eh?

    Sorry to hear aobut RFS (hint: you spend way more time at work).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted the link to RTFM, I wouldn't have had a clue what you were talking about! Believe me, point taken! I had a good chat with myself last night about RTFM.

    Hmmm, my boss also reads this blog though. Didn't think that one through...

    ReplyDelete