Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Out of the wilderness...

After my last post Alex and I went through the protracted process of moving interstate. As such the partly finished boat has been in storage for the past 8 months or so.

We've now moved into an older cottage on 20 acres in rural NSW and while it has more space, less of it is covered and suitable for boat-building. For my workshop I've commandeered what I imagine used to be the garage which has a semi-leaking roof and dirt floor. The boat is still in its storage packaging to protect it from any rain etc, and over the next few weeks I'll continue unpacking all the components, epoxy etc and also putting some road base or similar on the floor so it's not as dusty.

One upside of the delay I thought of last week was that the slow curing epoxy that I got in the kit because I was going to be working in summer will now be suitable again as we're already into the first month of spring.

Incidentally, the Hawkesbury Classic is due to start next weekend (22nd October 2011), so if anyone is still reading this who is competing this year, good luck! All going to plan I'll see you on the water for next year's event.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Found your blog today while looking for info about building a Pygmy. Thanks for posting and keep up the good work!

    I'm hoping to go to the Pygmy store in Port Townsend (240 km away) to try out boats before I buy. Probably an Artic Tern 14 or a Pinguino.

    ReplyDelete