Friday, March 18, 2011

Moving house

Just to complicate things, I've been offered a job back in my home town and as a result, my wife and I are moving 9 hours north.

This is going to make building the kayak, or moving it at least, very tricky. I still haven't yet started to stitch the strips together, so at the very least it will be easier to move a flat pack but I'll have to get my hands on copious amounts of bubble wrap and fragile stickers so the removalists don't ruin anything.

Seeing we'll be bunking with my folks for a few months until we find a place and sell our house, I'll be able to use Dad's shed to do some work after I head up there. He's got plenty of tools I can use, and has done this before, so the build should go a little more smoothly once I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment